Making a Difference: Our Colleagues
Our priority is to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of our colleagues, wherever they are in the world; and to do all that we can to protect jobs.
- We have prioritised the wellbeing of our colleagues by focusing our support on their physical and mental health, whether at home or in the workplace.
- We have reviewed our operational working practices, increased working from home, split shifts and introduced new health and safety measures.
- We have provided Employee Assistance Programmes to all of our colleagues.
- We have sought and will continue to seek to preserve the jobs and salaries of our colleagues.
- We are taking appropriate steps to flex our working practices in light of the impact of the pandemic on both our colleagues and our business. Consistent with our decentralised model, we are doing this on a case by case basis.
- As governments ease lockdown restrictions, we have put steering committees in place at each of our businesses to manage and review the operational working practices and the health and safety of our colleagues during the transition period. Each of our businesses is putting in place a carefully considered plan focusing on ensuring the right tone, culture and working practices.
- Our Executive Directors, Non-executive Directors and the Executive Team, including the Sector CEOs, have also volunteered a reduction in basic salary/fees of 20% for the duration of the crisis.